Thank You for Signing up to Volunteer!
Please review the following instructions carefully and if you have more questions, feel free to email our farm manager at email@example.com
Please arrive on time or early for your shift to get the full benefit of a group orientation.
WHAT TO BRING, ETC
- Please print and sign this attached Liability and Media Release Form if it is your first time volunteering with Planting Justice
- Packed lunch (or even some snacks to share if you're feeling extra generous!)
- Sun protection gear (hat, sunscreen-- recommended). We will have some shade but you may need further protection.
- Bandana or dust mask
- Water bottle
- Closed toed shoes.
What We will Provide
- Brief orientation to site (latecomers will likely miss this)
- Instruction and tools needed for days' tasks on the nursery
- Shade area for breaks
- Drinking water
- Friendly people to work with
Getting to OUr
2 acre production Nursery
The nursery is located on the border of Oakland and San Leandro:
319 105th Ave.
FROM COLISEUM BART STATION
Walk 1 minute to San Leandro St Coliseum bus stop
Catch the 45; ride 9 stops to Acalanes:Capistrano
Walk 10 more min (.5 mi) down 105th to the Nursery
To get there, use the 98th Ave exit from the 880.
at the exit, turn East onto 98th.
Right on Edes Ave
Right on 105th Ave
Proceed to very nearly the end of 105th Ave.
Please park on street, and beware of street sweeping dates.
We highly encourage volunteers to carpool with one another, or to organize in groups to minimize time driving, reduce GHG, and all of that. Unfortunately at this time we don't have a means of organizing this for volunteers.
If you have suggestions on this, please let us know!