Transform Your Yard (TYY) Administrative Assistant
Managers and Teammates: Nicole Wires, Rahul Patel, Aaron Godinez, Obichukwu Lebeke, Bobby House
Our nursery is located at the Sogorea Te Land Trust land at 319 105th Ave., Oakland, CA 94603. This address is where the team usually meets every morning, unless directed to a different site by your Manager. The Administrative Assistant can work remotely, from home or elsewhere, with a computer.
Our farm is located at 4823 Hilltop Dr., El Sobrante, CA 94803. Planting Justice locations are generally open Monday through Friday and some weekends between 8am – 6pm. Without prior permission, you should not be at Planting Justice locations outside of these hours.
Responsibilities, Administrative Assistant
The main responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant are to provide administrative support to ensure the Transform Your Yard team operates as a happy, successful, smooth, efficient, and productive team. Responsibilities include:
- – Tracking current, past and prospective clients through our client database
- – Receiving and responding to initial consultation requests from clients
- – Maintaining consultation schedule for permaculture designers, and installation schedule for permaculture landscaping team
- – Drafting contracts, filing completed contracts in client files
- – Improving work flow amongst all team members using various communication and productivity tools, such as email, slack, google drive, Asana, etc.
- – Sending invoices and tracking outstanding payments
- – Delegating speaking opportunities to members of TYY
- – Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Drive, Google Calendar. Additional Quickbooks skills are a bonus but not required.
- – Organizational skills & ability to manage many details simultaneously
- – Attention to detail and a desire to improve communication and connection amongst a diverse team
- – Nonviolent communication and a commitment to restorative conflict resolution processes
- – Work 10 hours per week, approximately 2 hours per day, which includes onsite training & professional development hours.
- – Show up to work on time and well rested, fed, sober, and ready for work
- – If unable to make it to work due to illness or emergency, contact your managers and team at least 12 hours before the work is to begin.
- – Work cooperatively as a member of a team
- – Ask questions and for help when unsure how to handle a task
- – Learn new skills and share existing skills with others
- – Be a role model with other participants through good example, good work ethic, and good communication
- – Maintain positive relationships with team
- – Attend weekly team meetings on Wednesdays from 8:30-10:30 AM
- – Maintain own schedule (with flexibility about work time) but complete all tasks in a given week
- – The Administrative Assistant is compensated with a starting hourly rate of $19, with opportunity for advancement
- – After a 90 day probationary period, the employee is eligible for 25% FTE of our standard PTO package: 5 days Paid Time Off (includes vacation, wellness, and sick days), increasing to 6.25 days in Year 3 and 7.5 days in Year 5.
- – Paid annual holidays: New Year’s Day, 4th of July, Thanksgiving + Day After Thanksgiving, Christmas, Juneteenth and Indigenous People’s Day
- – Unpaid Time Off/Extended Vacations beyond Paid Time Off: possible with prior coordination, scheduling and approval at least 2-weeks ahead of time
- – Unpaid sick leave: as needed
- – Health care coverage including dental, vision, life insurance and chiropractic coverage after 90 days after date of hire.
Please submit your resume and cover letter or expression of interest to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed as received, and the position will remain open until filled.